The museum is located at Deira area in the middle of the Trade Centre and looks at the Creek.
- Please contact the museum for visiting hours during the Holy month of Ramadan and official holidays
- Free guided tours with guides
- Groups and schools bookings can be arranged on demand
This Building was built in 1957. When constructed, it contained a ground floor that includes commercial stores, and then the upper floor was added to serve as a dormitory for the traders. This is usually called “wakalah or Khan”. At the same year, Dubai Municipality offices moved to the building and it became its head quarter until 1964. Later, the Municipality moved to a new building at the Al Maktoum road.
Due to the importance of this building in the history of Dubai Municipality, and because of the significance of its location in the middle of Old Deira market and next to the creek, in 1999 the Architectural Heritage Department restored, equipped and furnished the building to become a museum dedicated for the Municipality history. The official opening took place in 2006.