Frequently Asked Questions

Public Health and Safety

What is the barcode, who's responsible for it, and at any stage should get it?

Barcode is the symbol that shows the details of the product and is in charge of the factory and must be obtained during the manufacture of the product.

Do I have to get approval from Dubai Municipality to import house hold items to Dubai?

Yes. You have to get approval for importing detergents and disinfectants. The procedure is as follows​

  • Send application to Assessment and Registration of Products  by email
  • After receiving no objection letter, the company can import and sell items in the local market.

What is the procedure to import toys to Dubai?

For importing toys first you should have to obtain permit for it. it can be obtained by applying online through Dubai Municipality website Required data and documents should be attached such as.

  • safety certificate
  • certificate from country of origin
  • images of toys
  • Bill of Lading

Once the approval is issued, replay will be obtained after  three working days.

How do I import cosmetic items to Dubai?

Before importing, the company should register the items and get it assessed by applying for assessment and registration of consumer products,  through

After receiving no objection letter company, may import cosmetics and sell it in the local market.

Can I raise animals at my home?

Harmless pets like dogs ,cats and birds can be raised at homes after fulfilling the conditions of Municipality .Proper registration of animals, completing required vaccinations include in the conditions. Raising animals like sheep, goats, cows, camels etc. not at all allowed as per Local Order no.11/2003

How can I import food items to Dubai?

You can import food to Dubai following these procedures:

  • ​The importing company should have business license issued by a licensing authority of UAE government and its commercial activity should include trading of food stuff.
  • Register the company with e-government, Al Twar Center 042808000, Karama Centre 043374800.
  • Submit copy of business license and registration form which can be obtained from municipality website, with the seal of original company.
  • Open food import and export services.
  • Submit copy of business license with contact details of company and the person authorized by the company to deal with the Department Karama Centre Fast Service Counter No.9.
  • Pay the financial security for a number of shipments.
  • Karama Centre T 043374800.
  • Submit copy of license and an amount of AED 15,000 in cash or by certified check from the bank or by credit card (check from the company not allowed)

Special procedures regarding food items.

  • ​Certifying the food label to make sure the product’s compliance with the requirements and specifications.
  • Al Twar Center Tel 042808000 – Karama Centre Tel 043374800 Centre.
  • Submit sample of the food product or attach food label in full with online application.
  • Application must be submitted online with attaching a picture of the product and food label for registering in the system.
  • Al Twar Center Tel. 042808000 – Karama Centre Tel.043374800 DFC Tel. 2163485, Jebel Ali office Tel. 8818675.
  • Laboratory analysis of the food sample to make sure the quality and its compliance with the conditions at the expense of the importing company (Dubai Central Laboratory).
  • Documents needed with the shipment –customers details–List of contents- Health certificate from a government health Authority- Certificate of Halal slaughter from an Islamic council in the case of supported for meat and meat products.

Did you find what you were looking for?


I don't want to answer this survey. Close.


Search Suggestions :

  • Start searching to see suggestions

Results For "Testing"

0 Results found

Enter a search term above to see results

per page
Happiness Meter