About Dubai Central Laboratory Department :
Since its establishment in 1997, the Dubai Central Laboratory (DCL) Department has evolved and brought together all of Dubai Municipality’s laboratories:
- Construction Materials Laboratory Section
- Food and Environment Laboratories Section
- Consumer Products and Commodities Laboratory Section
- Renewable Energy and Electromechanical Laboratories Section
- Products Conformity Assessment Section
- Metrology Laboratories Section
- Business Development and Support Services Section.
DCL stages of development have manifested in a multidisciplinary, organizational, administrative and technical structure, characterized by its transparency and dynamic ability to keep up with local and international scientific developments, using the latest technologies. Through its distinguished performance over the years, the department has contributed to confirming the government’s vision of facilitating procedures between government authorities and departments on one hand and factories, companies and individuals on the other hand, in order to enhance Dubai’s position as a leading global economic center. DCL has gained a prominent position regionally and globally, in addition to being accredited by international entities.
DCL Certificates and Accreditation:
We always endeavour at DCL to apply the best practices through full compliance with quality specifications and local and international standards, enabling us to deliver accurate and reliable tests, based on best practices and in a timely manner. This has contributed in DCL obtaining numerous certificates and accreditations, most notably:
- We are certified according to the International Standard ISO 45001 for Occupational Health and Safety, Since 2020.
- We are accredited by the Emirates International Accreditation Center (EIAC) according to the International Standard ISO/IEC 17025 of 2005 for the competence to carry out tests and/or calibrations.
- We were accredited by The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) for 3 years (2006-2009), which was our first accreditation.
- Accreditation of our services for granting conformity marks/certificates since 2008 according to the International Standard ISO/IEC 65 of 1996, enabling us to provide integrated services at local, regional and global levels, including 37 countries.
- Accreditation of our services according to International Standard ISO/IEC 17065 of 2012 for granting conformity marks/certificates through issuing:
- Product Certification through Batch Certification
- Product Certification through Factory Assessment
- Product Certification through Type 1
- Accreditation of our services in accordance with the International Standard ISO/IEC 17020:2012 (Type A) in the following fields:
- Construction sites inspection for Market Surveillance
- Conformity Mark inspection
- Gold and Jewellery shops inspection
- Block factories inspection.
- We are certified according to the International Standard OHSAS 18001:2007 for Occupational Health and Safety, since 2008.
- We are accredited according to International Standard ISO/IEC 14001:2004 that specifies the basics and principles of environmental management systems, since 2011.
- We are accredited by UAE Ministry of Economy as a reference laboratory for precious stones and metals, and as its representative in relevant international forums, such as the World Jewellery Confederation (CIBJO) and the Association of European Assay Offices (AEAO), since 2005.
- We are the first laboratory in the Middle East to be registered in the World Jewellery Confederation (CIBJO), and our membership number is 13 internationally.
- We are accredited by UAE Ministry of Climate Change and Environment as one of the registered reference laboratories for testing fish, fish products and camel milk exported to the European Union.
- We are accredited by the Emirates Authority for Standardization and Metrology (ESMA) as one of the registered reference laboratories for testing household electrical appliances – Certification Body Testing Laboratory (CBTL).
- We are accredited for as a referenced laboratory for GCC countries in the field of mass measurements.
- We are accredited by ESMA as a national referenced laboratory for length, mass, temperature and pressure measurements.
- The study of Recycled Concrete Aggregates from building debris to be used as materials for base and sub-base applications, side slopes and shoulder road endings.
- We are accredited by UAE Ministry of Health and Social Protection to carry out the necessary laboratory testing to register naturally derived and publicly traded products.
- We are recognised by The Middle East Drymix Mortar Association (MEDMA) for all mortar tests.
The Dubai Central Laboratory Department acknowledges the importance of third party accreditation and certification, thus, enhancing our customers and employees trust and acting as a cornerstone for solid business partnerships.
Intellectual property rights:
We own intellectual property rights to a number of systems, conformity certificates and studies, including:
- Integrated Management System for laboratories and product certification
- Product Conformity Mark (DCL Mark)
You can watch DCL Department documentary through this link.
- Our laboratories comply with ISO/IEC 17025:2005, the international standard against which the competence of testing and calibration laboratories is assessed.
- The accreditation of our testing and calibration services is through the Dubai Accreditation Department DAC, even though at the start of accreditation was through the United Kingdom Accreditation Services UKAS for three years (2006-2009)
- Our Certification Services are also accredited to ISO/IEC Guide 65:1996, enabling DCL to provide a wide range of complementary services to international markets existing in 37 country worldwide.
- DCLD is certified to the International Standard ISO/ IEC 17065 : 2012 To undertake the Products Certifications by following schemes : Product Certification Through Batch Certification / Product Certification Through Factory Assessment / Product Certification Through Type 1
- DCLD is certified to the International Standard ISO/IEC 17020 undertake the inspection in the field of: Construction Sites Inspection/ Conformity Mark Inspection / Jewelry Shops Inspection/ Block Factories Inspection
- DCLD is certified to International Standard OHSAS 18001:2007, since 2008
- DCLD is certified to the International standard ISO/IEC 14001:2004 starting from 2011.
- DCLD is the designated reference lab. For GCC countries in the field of Mass measurements.
- DCLD is the national lab. For Length, Mass, Temperature & Pressure Measurements designated by ESMA.
- Regulatory approval of our laboratories by the Ministry of Economy in the UAE to be reference laboratory for precious metals and gemstones, and to represent the country in the international organizations such as CIBJO & AEAO, since 2005.
- DCL also is the 13th member of the World Jewelers Confederation CIBJO.
- Regulatory approval of our laboratories by the Ministry of Environment & Water in the UAE, for testing of fish and fish products as well as Camel milk exported to the European Union countries.
- DCLD is IEC accredited for testing electrical home appliance starting from 2011
- ESMA’s approval of our laboratories as the National Laboratory for Electrical Home Appliances Testing.
- DCLD officially owners the copy write for :
- Integrated Management System for laboratories and product certified.
- Product Conformity Assessment
- DCLD is MEDMA designated testing lab.
- At DCL we recognize the importance of third party accreditation and certification which provides our customers and employees with confidence and trust- the foundations for sound business partnerships