We succeeded at Dubai Central Laboratory Department in becoming the trusted national reference for issuing Certificates and Conformity Marks for materials, products, factories and companies, and in gaining recognition of local, regional and international accreditation organization for our testing and standardization service.
These neutral-policy standards represent the cornerstone for enhancing the principle of partnership and trust with our partners. Some of these are the following:
- Accreditation of our laboratories by the Emirates International Accreditation Center (EIAC) according to the International Standard ISO/IEC 17025 that specifies the general requirements for the competence to carry out tests and/or calibrations, including granting certificates or Conformity Marks in:
- Accreditation by The United Kingdom Accreditation Service UKAS for 3 years (2006-2009), which was our first accreditation.
- Accreditation for issuing Halal Certificates for Halal products, services and food, according to local, regional and international standards which include:
- Gulf Standard GSO 2055-2 of 2015 (Halal Products – Part 2: General Conditions for Halal Certification Bodies)
- UAE Standard UAE.S 2055-2 of 2016 (Halal Products – Part 2: General Conditions for Halal Certification Bodies)
- Islamic Countries Standard OIC/SMIIC 2: Guidelines for Halal Certification Bodies
- International Standard ISO/IEC 17025 of 2005 on the general requirements for the competence to carry out laboratory tests and calibrations – Halal Food Testing (HBN-001.)
- Accreditation of our certification schemes since 2008 according to the International Standard ISO/IEC 17065 that specifies the general requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services, enabling us to provide integrated services at the local, regional and global levels, including 41 countries.
- Our certification schemes according to International Standard ISO/IEC 17065 include the following services:
- Accreditation of our services for regulated inspection and legal metrology in accordance with the International Standard ISO/IEC 17020:2012 (Type A) that specifies the requirements for the competence of bodies performing inspection and legal metrology. Inspections cover:
- We also adopt the mentioned Standard in:
- Certification according to the International Standard OHSAS 18001:2007 for Occupational Health and Safety, since 2008.
- Accreditation according to International Standard ISO/IEC 14001:2004 that specifies the basics and principles of environmental management systems, since 2011.
- Accreditation by UAE Ministry of Economy as a reference laboratory for precious stones and metals and as its representative in relevant international forums, such as: The World Jewellery Confederation (CIBJO) and The Association of European Assay Offices (AEAO), since 2005.
- Recognition as the first laboratory in the Middle East to be registered in the World Jewellery Confederation (CIBJO). Our membership number is 13 internationally.
- Accreditation by UAE Ministry of Climate Change and Environment as one of the registered reference laboratories for testing fish and fish products and camel milk exported to the European Union, according to the European Union Regulation No. EC7612003 and EC7642003
- Accreditation by the Ministry of Health and Community Protection in the UAE to carry out the necessary laboratory testing to register naturally derived and publicly traded products
- Recognition by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) since 2011 for Testing Electromechanical Appliances.
- Accreditation by The Emirates Authority for Standardization and Metrology (ESMA) as one of the registered reference laboratories for Testing Electromechanical Appliances Certification Body Testing Laboratory (CBTL)
- Accreditation by The Middle East Drymix Mortar Association (MEDMA) as a reference to perform laboratory tests
- Accreditation by the GCC Standardization Organization (GSO) as a reference laboratory specialized in the field of Mass Measurement
- Accreditation by The Emirates Authority for Standardization and Metrology (ESMA) as a national laboratory for initial measurement of mass, temperature, humidity, dimensions, pressure, power and torque.
Intellectual Property Rights:
We own intellectual property rights to a number of systems, conformity certificates and studies, including:
- Integrated Quality Management System for laboratories and product conformity certification
- Product Conformity Mark (DCL Mark)
- The study of Recycled Concrete Aggregates from building debris to be used as materials for base and sub-base applications, side slopes and shoulder road endings.