At the Products Quality Control Unit, we adopt periodic and set plans regarding the control, monitoring and inspection of products connected with the certification services and related rules and regulations, which are based on international standard specifications. Our inspectors collect samples from products with certificate/conformity marks in coordination with the Conformity Assessment Unit. They also collect samples from Gold and Jewellery shops for testing and ensuring compliance with Dubai Municipality’s approved related rules, requirements and regulations.
Areas of Products Quality Control and Inspection:
We cover numerous areas of inspection including:
Inspection of Block Factories and Construction Sites (for collecting certified samples from the construction site and storage areas for market surveillance in coordination with the Conformity Assessment Unit) :
- We conduct periodic inspections on Block factories and certified products in construction sites to ensure their full and continuous compliance with the rules and conditions of certification/conformity marks requirements and relevant regulations.
- Rules and regulations concerning building materials require the exclusive use of conforming products and materials in construction sites in Dubai. Relevant disciplinary actions are taken against non-compliant establishments and factories.
Inspection of Gold and Jewellery Shops:
- Gold and Jewellery shops in Dubai are inspected in accordance with the provisions of the relevant Federal Law on controlling precious stones and metals trade and hallmarking, to ensure that every piece sold has the correct purity, fineness and details as per tags and hallmarking.
- Our inspectors adopt a specific sampling system for laboratory testing to verify the integrity of the fineness marks.
- The application of the aforementioned Federal Law strengthens Dubai’s position and reputation as the “City of Gold” and as leading exporter of high quality Gold and Jewellery.
Accreditation of our services in accordance with the International Standard ISO/IEC 17020:2012 (Type A) in the following fields:
- Construction sites inspection for market surveillance
- Conformity Mark inspection
- Gold and Jewellery shops inspection
- Block factories inspection.