Forging partnership with all groups of society to repair and upgrade used personal computers with the aim of distributing them to educational, social and charitable institutions as well as contributing towards environment conservation.
The idea of this project is to encourage individuals, official and private institutions, or any other group of society to donate their used and discarded computers and related items to the appropriate centers accredited by the municipality for repair and upgrading.
Objectives of the Project
• The project aims at upgrading these computers and related accessories in Dubai in order to achieve the following objectives:
• Protecting environment through minimizing the bad effects resulted from the improper disposal of computers by individuals and institutions.
• Encouraging community members to donate their used and discarded computers and making them useable.
• Striking a genuine partnership between Dubai Municipality and all supporting bodies such as the Mohammed Bin Rashed Al Maktoum Humanitarian and Charity Foundation, and Microsoft in environmental and charitable fields.
• Enhancing opportunities for the spread of IT education in the emirate by providing the beneficiary entities like educational, social and charitable institutions with necessary technical resources, computers and IT products.