Daira Cornish near fish market. It is designed for light trucks in the city and to reserve parking in the field please refer to field management office or Daira fish market office or toll free contact center 800900.
Auction hour (selling fish):
- Morning hour from 08:00 to 22:30
- Evening hour from 15:30 to 20:00
fish market provides fresh and dried fish daily, especially these famous types in Arabian Gulf location (Hamor, Kanaad, Sharri, Zabedi) also provides fresh and frozen meat, and variety stores for selling food supplies, grains, dates, and vegetables.
Chopping fish services and carriers, restaurants, selling birds stores and fish ornaments, pets, poultry, masijed and public toilets, ATM. Moreover, hunter heritage house in the market which attracts lots of tourists , and meet many people and scientific fields to get to know on most important career to ancestor in the state.
License porter in the fish market should have Dubai Municipality cards and wear uniforms, where the Municipality will not take responsibility in case dealing with unlicensed porter.
- 1 hour 10 Dhs
- More than 1 hr to 2 (15 Dhs)
for more information on asset renting please refer to portal service.
- Fish safety is a must by referring to directions of choosing fish in case of suspicions please contact the market management or contact on toll-free (contact centre) 800900.
- Strictly prohibits throwing rubbish and cigarettes butts on the ground.
- Do not deal with porters and unlicensed fish chopper (the Municipality will not take any responsibility).
- Please make sure to park in public parking which is specified to customers and do not use truck’s parking, and vehicles carrying fish and food supplies to avoid fines.
- It is strictly forbidden to leave your own cars after 10 pm.
- Owner’s of trucks should load fish and food supplies in specified places.
- It is strictly prohibited to enter with customer’s vehicles in auction field parking.
How to choose fresh fish:
The best and more safety method in buying fresh fish is to buy fish alive, but if you didn’t find one please follow the following procedures:
The general smell of marine animals specifically fish gives good indicators to its quality( stinky or rotten smell) indicates that the fish is not fresh and might be spoiled so stop buying them.
When you buy any piece or slice of a fish you must check it from several ways:
- Good quality: meat is solid and the color is bright and transparent and the slice is kindly wet.
- Bad quality: meat is soft and elastic and the color is slightly white with signs of drought.
- You can identify fresh fish by looking on its eyes, so you can see it’s bright and glamorous and very clear not sunken or protrudes.
- You can identify most fresh fish by the color of its gills where the color is pinky (very fresh), then tends to redness then red than gray, where the stinky odor spread. In contrast “bory” fish (AlByah) and “AlNaqroor” when it rotten, the gills’ color turned into green.
- Fresh fish which comes to the market always have shiny color.
- When you press on the fresh fish’s meat you notice that the meat is solid and strong, whereas spoiled fish is soft and by pressing on it, it will not get back to the way it was before (in a balanced way).
- Mostly fresh fish when you carry them by your hand it stands straight and when you hold the head of the fishtail will not bend except for big fish and a sea serpent.
- Fish scales are strong and solid whereas spoiled fish (are not solid and quick to separates)
- Whereas the spoiled shrimps can only be recognized by smelling from the head producing stinky smell whereas the fresh one is without smell.
- Not all frozen fish is always considered as a bad quality, sometimes frozen fish can keep its nutritional value and its natural flavor in the condition of using it in a rightful way after getting out of the water and until it preserved by freezing.
Directions of using auction parking fields:
- It is strictly prohibited to bid upon fish trucks to unlicensed from Dubai corporative society to fisherman.
- It is strictly prohibited to enter brokers and illusionary mediators in purchased and selling operation in auction field.
- Should receive a license and parking number from Dubai Corporation Society to a fisherman.
- You have to stick on opening and closing field hours, entering an existing field on time, and do not enter the market before a specific time to avoid internal traffic jam.
- Avoid random standing before entering the auction field.
- Pay specific charges (fees) according to truck size.
- Stand in specific parking in the field.
- Do not monopolize or reserve more than one parking while entering.
- It is strictly prohibited to manipulate fish weights during loading from trucks.
- It is strictly prohibited to throw fish waste after the auction.
- Remove all displayed fish in the field while opening sewage. Do not throw the mixture of water.
- Public parking is available.
- Light trucks Parking are next to Hyatt Regency
Directions of the parking lot:
- Present card access to a security guard.
- Make sure to Stand up in the authorized parking truck.
- Please put the access card in front of the truck while standing.
- It is strictly prohibited to spend the night in the truck or outside the field.
- It is strictly prohibited to throw trash and cigarettes butts on the ground to keep it clean.
- Please do not mess up with public service (toilets).
- The management is not responsible for loosing what inside or outside the truck during its parking.
For inquiries or providing notification or in case of losing access card please refer to field management office or Daira Fish 042724111/042264549.
**PDF/JPG, 2019, > 15MB