· You can import food to Dubai following these procedures:
· The importing company should have business license issued by a licensing authority of UAE government and its commercial activity should include trading of food stuff.
· Register the company with e-government, Al Twar Center 042808000
, Karama Centre 043374800.
· Submit copy of business license and registration form which can be obtained from municipality website, with the seal of original company.
· Open food import and export services.
· Submit copy of business license with contact details of company and the person authorized by the company to deal with the Department.
· Karama Centre Fast Service Counter No.9.
· Pay the financial security for a number of shipments.
· Karama Centre T 043374800.
· Submit copy of license and an amount of AED 15,000 in cash or by certified check from the bank or by credit card (check from the company not allowed)
Special procedures regarding food items.
· Certifying the food label to make sure the product's compliance with the requirements and specifications.
· Al Twar Center Tel 042808000 - Karama Centre Tel 043374800 Centre.
· Submit sample of the food product or attach food label in full with online application.
· Application must be submitted online with attaching a picture of the product and food label for registering in the system.
· Al Twar Center Tel. 042808000 - Karama Centre Tel.043374800 DFC Tel. 2163485, Jebel Ali office Tel. 8818675.
· Laboratory analysis of the food sample to make sure the quality and its compliance with the conditions at the expense of the importing company (Dubai Central Laboratory).
· Documents needed with the shipment –customes details–List of contents- Health certificate from a government health Authority- Certificate of Halal slaughter from an Islamic council in the case of supported for meat and meat products.