The conduct of Bathymetric survey for Dubai territorial sea and creeks are done according to International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) Standards Special Order ,full seafloor search with maximum detection capability for Multi Beam Echo sounder System for High resolution seabed mapping and inspection system. And Order1A from the upper areas
The geophysics survey is required on shore and offshore to identify the dedicated features which found through bathometric survey , here we use side scan system to get imager and geometrical height, marine magnetometer to observe metal features and sub bottom profiler to find The buried features
We conducting Oceanographic observation of physical phenomena of water this include Tide , Tidal stream, sound velocity profiler ,current, water temperature and sea bed Grab sample
DM has 6 Tide-Met stations along Dubai coast and Dubai Creek to measure water level and meteorological parameters. And also DM has deployed two offshore buoys to measure offshore meteorological and oceanographic parameters. System further integrates 6 existing tidal meteorological stations and 2 offshore buoys. In addition to the meteorological parameters, the buoy also measure water quality like water temperature, and conductivity.
The Main Objective of Hydrographic survey
1. Management of advanced maritime infrastructure
2. Becoming a global reference for the provision of marine infrastructure data for the Emirate of Dubai.
3. Precise bathymetric survey of full sea floor coverage according international standers
4. produce nautical charts for safe and efficient navigation of ships.
5. Support strategic planning of development of Dubai maritime zones.
For more inquiry info please contact Hydrographic@dm.goe.ae